Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Welcome!

Ok! So here is the blog for the bowling league!
Looks snazzy huh?? It is all Charlotte- thanks to her.

I am compiling scores and will post the first week's results soon. We had some technical difficulties for a few bowlers so it may be delayed until tomorrow but usually I will have the scores up first thing Wednesday.

You will be glad to know our league is composed of 25 people! We have bowlers in PA, AZ, MI, VA, OH, MD, IL and NJ.

We have bowlers ranging in age from 7 to 40+. So watch your language when you smack talk. Us 40+ people have a sensitivity to bad language.

Our league will have a traveling trophy! I am designing it now. Your name will be engraved on the trophy and you shall keep it until the next person gets it! It needs a name. I wanted to call it the Susan cup (ya know like the Stanley cup) but that is not so catchy. Any suggestions?

OK. that is all for now... but more to come soon.

15 comments:

Carter said...

The "Sparemii Cup"!

Vajana said...

The Wiinston Cup? (oh and hey I live in IL!!)

Billie said...

I second the "Sparemii Cup"!

J. G. said...

I also vote for "Sparemii Cup" which sounds absolutely awesome! This is so much fun. Thank you Sue for doing all the hard work for everyone!! If you need help with anything let me know. I am happy to assist if I can!

Alice said...

How cool! I third the Sparemii Cup!

Kate said...

How about the Wiiner cup?

Charlotte in Pa said...

Sorry, Jana. I lied about where you live. I told Sue you lived in St. Louis, but don't be offended. It's really quite miraculous that I remember where I live.

I'm glad that I have a few more months before I develop my sensitivity to bad language. Right now I revel in it!

Charlotte in Pa said...

PS - I'm kind of a fan of The Wiiner Cup. Or the Pinhead Trophy.

Vajana said...

Well I'm just being difficult. :)

I am considered a suburb of St. Louis even if I live in IL. Actually, I am supposed to be a suburb of East St. Louis, but that didn't work out as well. I'm just being a weenie. A Wii-nie.

Charlotte in Pa said...

Ha! No, no - if you live in Illinois, you live in Illinois. Totally my mistake. I'm glad to see that there IS a St. Louis connection in there somewhere, though - and that I'm not totally losing it. :-)

CincyNanny said...

I LOVE "Spare Mii" - that's too cute. I think it should be the Spare Mii Cup as well.

Jenn said...

Um hello - New Jersey??

Charlotte in Pa said...

Okay, I think we've got all of the locations properly represented. Let the fun begin!

Tonia said...

I also vote for sparemii. :-)

J. G. said...

SpareMii, Wiiner or Pinhead... Those are all great ideas!